Santander Consumer Finance is one of the UKs Leading Motor Finance companies providing finance to a network of dealerships throughout the United Kingdom. We are now launching an exciting and challenging project to expand our Contract Hire and Leasing teams inhouse. This means effectively building a brand new Operation which will be based out of our new offices in Milton Keynes with the Operation going live around Summer 2024.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Tactical and Purchasing Manager to join our busy Operations department where they will both report to and then deputise for, the Head of Tactical Purchasing & Insight. They will be responsible for the analysis of all tactical buying opportunities, and for vehicle purchasing and managing Master Hire Contracts.
This is a hybrid role which will be mainly based out of the Milton Keynes office, but prior to the operational role going live the successful candidate will be working as a part of a project team helping to design and create the new business unit, and so will also be required to regularly visit the Redhill office before the project is live.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the tactical proposals including facilitating buying decisions and sign off
- Able to provide insight about tactical offers from a perspective of the wider market and SCUKs current run rates
- Creation of tactical sign off documents, building the tactical proposal and circulating
- Has experience working on projects and understands the challenge with working closely with internal and external teams as well as coordinating with technical suppliers to successfully deliver projects in line with agreed scope, timelines and budgets
- Drive platform enhancements, functional and non-functional requirements and deliverables
- Promotes and open culture through regular genuine two-way communication with their management team
- Develops people's potential and is a good coach
- Manages and evaluates people in an objective manner
- Work with Head of Tactical Purchasing & Insight to build the purchasing and Master Hire Contract Teams
- Strategic development of the Purchasing & Contracts function so as to meet the business growth objectives with directly supply efficiency at the heart of the strategy
- Present reports to stakeholders on progress, including risks, issues and suggested solutions
- Deal with or escalate any identified risks in relation to Santander Consumer risk policies and/or legislative and regulatory guidelines in accordance with the Santander UK group risk framework.
- Contribute to wider departmental best practice and look for opportunities to continuously improve
- Keeps up to date with competitor initiatives and industry trends. Ensure issues that arise with external parties are promptly and courteously resolved
- Proactively develop and facilitate effective business relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels to optimise business effectiveness. Demonstrate an ability to influence others at all levels promoting trust, honesty and openness
We're looking for someone who has:
- A well-developed understanding of motor finance industry including contract hire
- Significant experience dealing with vehicle procurement both organically and tactically
- Significant experience of the Regulatory environment associated with consumer credit activities
- The Identification and opportunity management of current customer trends including the migration to electric vehicles
- The ability to have involvement in the development policies, procedures and standards of the department and the business over a medium horizon, typically 1 - 3 years and who is able to continually develop own functional plans
- Ability to make balanced risk-based decisions within own/departmental delegated authority
- The ability to interact with and influence dealers at the highest level including Heads of Business/Dealer Principals.
- Proven experience of successfully establishing processes and implementing change
- Proven experience of influencing and interacting with Head of Departments on equal terms, including presenting buying recommendations
- Proven experience of leading teams and being able to achieve results through people thus driving departmental results
- Demonstrates a customer centric approach representing the business with internal/external customers
- Ability to translate complicated ideas, including to board members, in a clear and simple proposition in order to gain sign off for tactical decisions.
- Ability to manipulate data, drawing key insights from the marketplace for senior leadership teams
- Proven experience of managing a large tactical budget
- Proven understanding of the end-to-end vehicle lifecycle and experience of making decisions based on lifecycle management
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Expertise across automotive finance, products, services and influences both micro and macro-economic
We have a range of benefits available which include:
- Competitive salary of £55,000 - £60,000 (dependant on skills and experience)
- 30 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus based on personal and company performance
- £6000 Car allowance
- Private medical cover
- Generous pension contributions
- Employee assistant programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Sharesave scheme
- Discounts on high street brands
- Local retail discounts