We are seeking to recruit Support workers with proven experience in Refuge Settings and in DA settings for short- and long-term Contracts in and outside London.
Candidate Requirements: -
- Right to work (valid Passport or Valid Visa)
- An Enhanced DBS
- Annual Mandatory Training Certificates
- 3 Professionals References
- Immunisation Records
- Recent work experience in UK
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To deliver housing related support to adults with a range of needs, to understand their strengths and build on these to help clients meet their aspirations in a range of areas of interest and value to the individual.
- Improve each client s quality of life; prevent homelessness through promoting or maintaining independent living skills and appropriate move on.
- Provide relevant support in accordance with the client s range of needs via support and safety planning and aspirations assessments and through one-to-one keywork sessions.
- Assist service users to attend educational, leisure and health related activities, accompanying as appropriate
- To maintain accurate service users records and all other records relating to the upkeep and maintenance of the service. This includes electronic based records on our organisational system.
- To carry our Housing Management functions including the collection and management of rent, reporting of repairs and managing the beginning and end of tenancies/licences at the schemes.
- Encourage and promote effective multi-agency working to ensure that the risks of services users are mitigated and that the needs and aspirations of service users are met to a high standard, including establishing close contacts with various communities, statutory and voluntary organisations.
- To assist with domestic tasks, when appropriate
- Have knowledge of and follow relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- To take part in regular supervisions and annual appraisals, and seek out and take up opportunities for continuous professional development within the service, organisation and externally
Key Skills will include: -
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative Problem-Solving skills including Conflict Resolution.
- Organisation and Planning skill to deliver multiple priorities to tight deadlines
- Creativity in engaging residents to co-produce initiatives to engage individuals via activity and event planning
- Ability to use a range of approaches to ensure effective person-centred support planning.
- Ability to maximise independence by motivating and supporting service users towards their goals.
- Ability to travel and work across the services when required.
- Basic awareness of health and safety issues
- Willingness to cook and clean with the service users (where appropriate)
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately