Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Islington to appoint a talented Electrical Engineer on a contract basis.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will provide a professional electrical engineering service, inspecting, fault finding, specifying remedial works, designing new electrical systems, undertaking procurement, acting as contract administrator and project manager for contracts on site.
About the role
- Manage multiple projects at any one time, both during the design stage and while on site, ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Prepare reports for Committees, Area Forums, Working Parties, Client Organisations, Tenant Associations, and External Agencies and other stakeholders.
- Arrange and attend such meetings as required where a high degree of resident and stakeholder consultation takes place.
- Represent the Head of Service when developing and delivering projects with clients and stakeholders to ensure projects are accurately scoped and delivered to the client's objectives both on time and within budget.
- Deliver and maintain the highest standards of design, budget control and contract administration on all projects and maintenance contracts.
- Ensure that clients are fully briefed and engaged on all aspects and at all stages of each project and key milestones. .
- Ensure effective briefing, direction and liaison of any Consultants appointed.
- Lead on procurement, design criteria and preparation of schemes, specifications, maintenance requirements, and estimates, selection of materials and equipment, project and contract management.
- Provide assistance and advice to technicians/Inspectors regarding relevant standards and statutory regulations.
- Assist in the appointment of consultants as and when required.
- Act as lead officer on feasibility studies, viability and for adherence to Islington Council Standards, Policies and Practices.
- Liaise and negotiate with consultants, statutory bodies and other relevant organisations.
- Examine tenders, accounts and claims rendered by contractors for accuracy - authorise/investigate further as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments concerning design, maintenance and user satisfaction feedback. Prepare lessons learnt report from results.
- Undertake investigations , continued professional development and research concerning new techniques, systems and solutions in Engineering Services.
- Provide report on areas of effectiveness and recommendations for implementation.
- Manage and monitor all projects within fee allocation and budget available and take corrective measures where necessary
- Advise on the appraisal, selection, appointment and performance of contractors and sub-contractors.
- Take responsibility for the project management of medium sized projects and/or maintenance contracts including working with junior members of staff (including students) to develop their understanding of contract administration and project management
About you :
- Qualified as a Chartered Engineer or full member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers, with a minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience.
- Hold a degree or Higher National Diploma in Building Services Engineering or other relevant qualification with a minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience
- Possess excellent detailed technical knowledge and skills to manage electrical repair and refurbishment projects, electrical planned maintenance and design new installations.
- Ability to communicate and direct, both verbally and in writing, other members of staff within the office, other council departments, area offices, working parties, external clients, agencies, elected members, residents and consultants.
- Ability to write technical reports
- Ability to creatively solve engineering design and maintenance related problems
- Possess excellent project management skills in order to plan, programme and deliver projects on time and within previously agreed budgets and fees and to monitor and control costs at all stages
- Ensure projects are delivered in a cost effective and competitive manner, undertaking value engineering exercises throughout.
- Assist in developing planning and implementing policies for the Building Services Engineering section as part of an integrated range of services for those who live, work and do business within Islington.
What's on offer:
- Contract role
- Monday to Friday
- £35 to £42 per hour (Negotiable DOE)
If you've got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on
- Email your CV to
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on remembering to include your details as well