Print Machine Operator Required!
Our client is a family owned, independent, corrugated packaging manufacturer who have been operating for over 35 years. They are committed to providing high-quality goods and services to all customers meeting all requirements and high-quality standards.
They now have an exciting new opportunity within their Warminster based team in the position of Print Machine Operator. In this position you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the machine operation, making sure all machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with the necessary materials, and are well maintained.
Print Machine Operator - Position Overview
- Lead a small team of 5 production assistants providing technical and product expertise.
- Provide product expertise within cell team and respond team questions, supporting the workflow.
- Monitor product manufacturing process of the machine and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Lead and supervise the machine operation by communicating effectively with machine teams and counterparts.
- Provide detailed shift handovers to other operators with focus on quality and any maintenance issues.
- Preparation of equipment, spares, and relevant job documentation/information for the shift, manage tool changes within the allocated time.
- Liaise with other machine operators, departments, and senior management in the implementation of company policies, procedures, and goals.
- Lead and motivate machine team to create a teamwork approach and high-performance culture where improvement suggestions, questions and ideas are embraced.
- Work positively to define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities.
- Provide support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team.
- Ensure the standards of operation for all areas are met in full.
- Follow the implementation of policies and procedures.
Print Machine Operator - Position Requirements
- Relevant Manufacturing experience in BOBST Folder Gluer Machines in Corrugated industry.
- A good knowledge of the production requirements of the various product ranges and quality control processes and requirements within the production schedule, assigning responsibilities within the team accordingly.
- Experience of the packaging sector is essential, and knowledge of Bobst gluers is desirable.
- Ability to design processes and layouts.
- Full understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap, and re-work.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to sustain and develop team working and team-based problem solving.
- Aptitude and ability to understand packaging equipment and products.
- Enthusiasm and determination to excel.
Print Machine Operator - Position Remuneration
- Starting Salary: £29,000
- Monday-Friday: Early (5:45 - 14:00) Middle (8:00 - 16:00) Late (13:45 - 22:00)
- 29 days holidays including 8 BH, increasing with service
- Pension scheme
Streamline Search is a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the United Kingdom. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying to this post you are granting us consent to process your data and contact you in relation to this application.