The Advocate Group is proud to be working exclusively with an internationally renowned Electrical manufacturing business.
Whilst having a strong international footprint, our client remains a well-recognised family organisation and holds a strong reputation as a leading employer in Merseyside.
We are currently recruiting a highly exciting opportunity for a Quality Manager to make their own mark on the Quality function. This is a pivotal role that will work strategically to implement standard methods and processes and strive for quality improvement.
- Responsible for team development, planning and execution including resource planning for future requirements.
- Implementation of quality methods and practices across the plant
- Responsible to lead cross functional teams to aid problem solving, utilising proven methodologies to identify, implement and validate permanent solutions
- Management of warranty quality concerns and drive warranty reduction initiatives
- Develop KPIs, monitor quality planning and tracking activities
- Define scope of quality projects, determine business case and define success criteria
- Deliver departmental objectives
- Support New Project Introduction instilling a clear quality standard and expectation in related activities, i.e. design feasibility, requirements planning, FMEA, DFMA, lessons learnt etc
- Responsible for generation, implementation and monitoring of pre-production and production control plan
- Support process flow generation, facility and equipment planning requirements
- Ensure clear definition and agreement of product and process relevant dimensional strategy (for example gauge concepts, SC/CCs, etc)
- Approve pre-production and production parts and paperwork prior to shipment
- Responsible for ISO 9001 Certification and all requirements within the standard
- Work with compliance team to ensure all regulatory and legislative requirements are met
- Support Certification for ISO14001, ISO50001 & ISO45001
- 5 years of experience in operations, of which 3 years in a quality management related position with an emphasis on quality improvement
- Extensive knowledge of advanced quality planning / core tools (including FMEA, APQP)
- Experience in root cause analysis tools
- Good working knowledge of quality management systems (ISO9000, ISO14001, ISO50001 & ISO45001)
- Hands-on / "Go see" approach to shopfloor issues
- Good problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Commercially aware
If you're a self-starter with the ability to drive and motivate your team to deliver innovative Quality initiatives and be a driving force in process improvement across a major manufacturing site, then we'd love to speak to you!
Get in touch with Erin at the Advocate Group for more info or 'Apply Now' to be considered for this position.