Job IntroductionAt Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across ;
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to people's lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with ;Where will I be working?
You will be working in our service in Birchington where we support 8 individuals. We offer a 24-hour supported living facility in providing support for adults with Learning Disabilities. We tailor our support to enable people to be as independent as possible.Support Workers are linked to work with a specific person based on shared preferences and personalities creating a bespoke core team of staff.Days can consist of supporting people to meet with friends or family, accessing health professionals, housework, shopping, day trips, cooking, holidays, Gym classes.People that we support here have a mixture of communication, mobility and health needs and this would be described as a quiet but active environment. This location is perfect for access to local transport being close to the train station and bus routes, with the local town just up the road.Shift Patterns
This is a 24-hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts including nights and some ;Average potential earnings are £25,383 based on 37 hours.
Potential average earnings are a culmination of colleagues working additional shifts and where applicable sleep ins sleep ins are not required in all services not all colleagues will work overtime and therefore potential earnings will differRole ResponsibilityWhat will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of the people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting people with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal CandidateWhat skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
About usWhat Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career - we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future - we're proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days' paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further - including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You'll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service - free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more - all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues' inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
Turning PointAttached documents
- 2022 SW Role Profile and Job