Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Desk Engineer to join the team in Altens, Aberdeen. The Project Desk Engineer is responsible for providing project management, technical, applications and operational support for our well services products to external clients on in the Geozone. In addition to understanding the client requirements, grow the business by identifying and exploiting market opportunities while keeping abreast of product developments, market trends and competitor activity, maximizing market share and profits whilst ensuring customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintain the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices and complies with the Company's Rules to Live By.
- Place Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk.
- Seek continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership for the health and safety arrangements of all subordinates and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises.
- Responsible for being familiar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherford's Management System.
- Maintains Service Quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement.
- Define and direct specific product strategy by gathering input and business needs from customers and then creating a product based solution to generate revenue and/or create value.
- Direct any research and development projects or efforts required in order to create the products and/or services required as per above. Work with RD&E on all ongoing sustaining efforts to progress Product Line products and/or services quality improvement initiatives forward.
- Evaluates and prioritizes requests for new technology changes, enhancements, and new features; participates in product requirements through interviews with stakeholders, collaboration with product designers and other methods as needed.
- Work with the Project Management and Engineering teams to implement feasible solutions that meet the timeline and budget of the stakeholders.
- Define and direct specific product strategy by gathering input and business needs from customers and then creating a product-based solution to generate revenue and/or create value.
- Maintain communication and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, marketing, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Provide direct support to customers for critical new technology services.
- Promote Weatherford's new technology within the industry by writing technical papers, attending industry conferences, contributing to the development of technical marketing material, making technical sales presentations to customers, and providing other technical support to sales and operations.
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external.
- Manages assigned project P&L. Ensures adherence to Weatherford Bid Summary Analysis process.
- Define and monitor relevant KPI's to identify areas of improvement and drive operational improvements.
- All employees have an accountability to the organization to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses.
- Costs incurred should be within approved budget, processed within agreed time frames and following the relevant financial policy and procedure.
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Maintain the project training requirements in line with competency assessments.
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function training to enhance their skills and experience.
- Employees must complete all assigned Compliance & Company Standards training.
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2+ Years experience with well services completions or Well Rejuvination technology.
- 5+ years oilfied experience.
- Technical knowledge of well services and well interventions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Familiarity with reading, analysing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Familiarity with mathematical operations such as frequency distributions, test reliability and validity, variance analysis, correlation techniques, and factor analysis.
- Skill in examining tenders, market conditions and operational requirements.
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills.
- Work effectively across a diverse multicultural multilingual community.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Proficient Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Experience in sales and marketing.
- Experience or prior project management training considered an asset.