Facilities Assistant Location:
South Downs Centre Midhurst Closing Date:
10 December 2023 Interview Date:
20 December 2023 Salary:
£26,798 £28,983 Hours:
37 hours per week Type of post:
South Downs National Park Authority is looking for a Facilities Assistant to support the Facilities and Property team across our various sites.
In a role where no two days are the same you will be the first point of contact for enquiries from staff, suppliers, contractors and external customers while ensuring the smooth running of a busy office and conference centre in Midhurst.
You will have excellent communication skills along with a polite, professional and calm manner, be able to identify priorities and escalate incidents as and when appropriate.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Competent with Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel
- Demonstrates initiative and behave professionally at all times
- Flexibility can-do attitude required to cover a variety of tasks
Previous experience in a Facilities role is desirable but not essential.
You will need to work flexibly as some works may occur out of hours. A full driving licence is required due to traveling to various SDNPA sites.
Please note that due to the demands of the role job sharing cannot be considered and although SDNPA offers hybrid working, the majority of the post holders time will be required in an SDNPA office.
Sound like something that interests you? Think you can really add value to the role? Meet the person specification? Then please apply! To apply:
Please select the apply button shown. All applications must reach us by 11:30pm on 10 December 2023.
SDNPA is an inclusive organisation and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, faith and religion, disability and age.
We operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) for disabled applicants.
In all circumstances the SDNPA appoints on merit based on evidence the applicant supplies in meeting the essential criteria for the post. Further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found on our website. SDNPA Enhanced Benefits
- Flexible working
- Local government pension scheme
- Healthcare - includes cash plan, counselling and wellbeing discounts
- 27 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days, plus bank holidays
- Professional development support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car sharing
- Use of pool cars
- Regular staff events / activities, which support the SDNPA s Purposes and Duty