Patient Catering Services Manager
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of booking: Expected to last 3 months maybe longer
Proposed start date: ASAP
£12.00 to £15.00 paye per hour
£13.00 to £16.00 paye inclusive of Holiday Pay
£14.00 to £17.00 umbrella per hour
Working Days and Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Flexible working can be considered.
- To support the provision of a high-quality food service by being the responsible and accountable person for ensuring oversight between the Trust and the sub-contracted food service providers.
- To work closely with the dieticians and nutrition teams and other specialists to provide patient food service advice on food provision and menu options.
- To have ownership of the kitchen asset replacement programme and ensure that preventative planned maintenance programmes are in place, tracked and recorded.
- To support the delivery of a professional high-quality services within agreed budgets. Where required working with the Deputy Head of Hotel Services on any tender process for external contracts.
- Liaise with the Nursing Staff regarding patient's food orders and Dieticians for dietary requirements and where appropriate participate in the production of the special dietary requirements as required.
- Liaise with other staff, providing food information, reporting, and reacting to requests/queries. Ensuring that meals of the highest possible quality are produced for patients and staff, referring to and following agreed menus and recipes to allow for consistency and ensure high standards are maintained.
- To be the key liaison person between food service providers and Trust food and nutrition teams providing informed advice on menu options and ingredients.
- Organise own daily work plans, prioritising tasks, using correct cooking procedures, and organising menus at short notice.
- To be responsible for providing information to the Deputy Head of Hotel Services to support informed decisions on the provision of service.
- To be accountable for ensuring quality and performance outputs through our outsourced service providers are in line with contractual and legal requirements in accordance with specifications.
- To be the main operational service point of contact on any food/meal provision service.
- Ensure that the Trust is compliant and adheres to all regulations in relation to food and food provision. Ensure all risk assessments are in place and source and food information regulations are adhered.
- Trust oversight on complete food delivery including all hot food, shift "meals" - cook-chill, the shutdowns, hospitality, and any special days.
- Work with the Trust dieticians and nutrition team to review ingredients and menu planning.
- Responsible for costing of meals and tracking of invoices and budget management for food provision.
- Responsible for tracking and management of SLAs between service and ward and clinic areas.
- Control for the whole service food and non- food being compliant with Trust providers.
- Stock taking of main kitchen, satellites, and pantry areas
- Control of waste food and non-food to reduce costs of the whole Trust.
- Ensure Food and Health & Safety procedures are carried out including safe visits and attending health & safety engagement meetings
- Completion of risk assessments.
- Investigation management of customer complaints