Our client within the Education sector is looking for a PA to support the Headteacher.
You will need to be immediately available to commence the role on a temporary basis with a view to going permanent.
Role will include but not be limited to.
- Ensuring that the headteacher is fully supported in all aspects of their work including confidential matters.
- Assisting on compliance with legislation and guidance, for example, DfE, data protection, Freedom of Information Act, GDPR, school governance.
- Be first point of contact for the Headteacher.
- Provide efficient administration and secretarial assistance to the headteacher.
- Manage the headteacher's diary and time including booking appointments, acting as the 'gatekeeper,' receiving visitors, providing preparatory support, and making travel arrangements.
- Organise meetings, conferences, and events (internal and external)
- Take notes at meetings.
- Maintain files for school policies, accurate records of senior leadership team (SLT) and staff meetings, distributing agendas, minutes and other relevant documentation as required.
- Liaise as required with governors, staff (teaching and support), students and parents/carers, professional bodies, outside agencies, other schools, and organisations etc, and deal with queries as required.
- Develop, implement, and review administrative procedures and systems putting in place necessary management controls, for example, ensuring required documentation is obtained to action changes legally.
You will need to have previous experience of working within the education sector with good systems skills and knowledge.